There are many good providers of TESOL certificates however there are 2 qualifications that stand out from the rest and are considered the best in the industry. These are:
- Trinity CertTESOL
These are the only two TESOL certificates that are listed as a regulated qualification in the UK at Level 5 on the Ofqual Regulated Qualifications Framework and they are the only two qualifications listed by the British Council as an acceptable introductory teaching qualification. They are both accepted and recognised by every English language school in the world. Take a look at the sort of jobs you can find here With each of these qualifications you will get:
- 120 hour course
- 6 hours of observed teaching practice with feedback
- 4 hours of teaching observation of experienced teachers
- Spoken and written language practice
- Learner needs analysis training
- Experience of learning an unknown language to help you reflect on a beginner’s point of view.
Both of these TESOL qualifications are offered as full time, part time or online (blended learning) courses from British Council registered schools. Click below to search for a course near you:
- CELTA courses near you – https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/find-a-centre/find-a-teaching-centre/
- Trinity CertTESOL – https://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=212
There are also many other regulated 120 hour courses provided by well known schools that are equally as good in content and almost as well recognised. The advantage of taking a course with such a school is that they sometimes guarantee to find you work and will provide you with a smooth introduction into the industry. This can be extremely helpful for some candidates. Once you have a few years experience under your belt, most schools will be more interested in your experience rather than your certificate (as long as it offers the above content).
Good luck, be bold and have some of the greatest adventures of your life!